• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fellow breeders i got a question

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So the first of my babies that hatched he still had a bit of his yolk attached. he also had some of the cord wrapped around his neck. It broke off and then i cleaned up his neck. I kept thinking it was a stain or something that would come off but upon closer examination the area directly under his neck is see through. I can literally see the blood pulsing under the skin. Dont know what to make of it so i figured i would see some advice.
here is the best picture i can get of it.
neck.jpg

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Brian, it looks as if some of his scales ripped off! I would soak him in BETADINE bath and use a little NEOSPORIN on it!! And id keep him separate for a while until it gets thicker under there!! Good luck...

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I talked with travis and he said he thinks the skin didnt form there entirely while in the egg. He has had it happen 1 time before. Unfortunately that 1 time the dragon died. i am going to hope for the best. we shall see.