• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

feeding

kickside

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So I only feed toothless once a day around the same time. Am I not feeding him enough??

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm seeing young, not able to sex yet... so with that in mind, I'd think that more feeding would be suggested. I fed mine, as babies, 7 weeks on, as many as 4 times a day.
I counted salads as part of that, too.
Hope this helps.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If he is under a year....feed crix 3x a day as many as he can eat in 10 minutes. Also there should be a bowl of greens in his tank all day. Should be eating 80% protein 20% greens. The crix can be anywhere from 30-100 a day depending on his size and appetite.

If he is over a year and a half...his protein intake should be much less. 80% greens 20% protein.

kickside

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wow, I have greens in his tank all day but feed him like 12 crickets a day. He is about 4 or 5 months. I will start feeding him more now:)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Definitely. If you can fit in 3 feeding a day that is great. Many can only do 2 due to work schedule. Make sure you allow 2 hours before feeding and at the last feeding make sure there is 2 hours left before lights out for digestion.

Tip for feeding....put a bunch of crix in a plastic baggie. Put your calcium dust in with them, shake. For 10 minutes put the crix in the tank maybe 10 at a time. As he is finishing the first batch throw in more. Towards the end of the 10 minutes or when you see him slowing down, don't put as many in the tank...this way if he stops eating before the 10 minutes you aren't trying to catch a bunch of uneaten crix.

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
li said:
Towards the end of the 10 minutes or when you see him slowing down, don't put as many in the tank...this way if he stops eating before the 10 minutes you aren't trying to catch a bunch of uneaten crix.

Belive it! XD I learned this lesson the hard way

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie_Mommy3991 said:
li said:
Towards the end of the 10 minutes or when you see him slowing down, don't put as many in the tank...this way if he stops eating before the 10 minutes you aren't trying to catch a bunch of uneaten crix.

Belive it! XD I learned this lesson the hard way
me too. It was not fun trying to catch 30+ crix. I got so frustrated I sucked them up with the vacuum, btw not a good idea, it killed them so it was like sucking up money

Latest posts