• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

feeding time?

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i work a lot of night shifts at work so i also get up late in the morning around 10-11am which is when my beardies lights go on.

at night i turn it off around 11-12pm.

my question is how long after feeding a beardy should u wait to turn out the lights?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No less than 3 hours for a smaller meal.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
No less than 3 hours for a smaller meal.
what problems can it cause by feeding him and turning lights out sooner then that, as i did that one night and only waited like 2 hours. does he not properly digest it i assume?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes, it can affect digestion, lead to impaction & parasites.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Personally, I will generally allow a couple of hours. But I make sure that they have been fed well prior to that, so as not to mess up their scheduled sleeping time by making them stay up because of it. A stray cricket or 2 or a small amount of greens eaten within this time is not cause for worry & not necessary to diminish their sleep hours by a later bedtime.

Latest posts