• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding schedule and amount

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie just turned 5 months old. He has been eating about 40 to 50 small dubia a day and squash and mustard greens and collard greens. Salad intake is very little but he just started eating his salads. My question is how many dubia should he be getting a day?? There is so much confusing info about feeding and how much. He gets BSFL also when I have them. He will eat about 20 of those also. Thanks in advance. He isn’t overweight and is pretty active.

Attachments

• IMG_3621.jpeg
    IMG_3621.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie just turned 5 months old. He has been eating about 40 to 50 small dubia a day and squash and mustard greens and collard greens. Salad intake is very little but he just started eating his salads. My question is how many dubia should he be getting a day?? There is so much confusing info about feeding and how much. He gets BSFL also when I have them. He will eat about 20 of those also. Thanks in advance. He isn’t overweight and is pretty active.
Please increase the size of the roaches -- look on this website and chart for the correct size - small are too small for his size and age - www.dubiaroaches.com - go by the space between his eyes nothing bigger - I am thinking he should be eating 1/2 inch or around that size -- salads every day fresh - use the BSFL on top as salad lures and you can increase how many of those as well - that will offset the amount of dubias - add in some super worms large around 3 every other day - use those on top of the salads as well -- horn worms feed those off as they grow fast 1-2 they are a great hydrating worm -- silk worms are good for a staple too --- www.reptialianarts.com -- butter worms are good these can be found here www.joshsfrogs.com-- these make a good variety to his diet - once you increase size of the dubias he wont eat as many -- around 5-10 maybe I cant remember how many Blaze was eating at 5 months

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
Please increase the size of the roaches -- look on this website and chart for the correct size - small are too small for his size and age - www.dubiaroaches.com - go by the space between his eyes nothing bigger - I am thinking he should be eating 1/2 inch or around that size -- salads every day fresh - use the BSFL on top as salad lures and you can increase how many of those as well - that will offset the amount of dubias - add in some super worms large around 3 every other day - use those on top of the salads as well -- horn worms feed those off as they grow fast 1-2 they are a great hydrating worm -- silk worms are good for a staple too --- www.reptialianarts.com -- butter worms are good these can be found here www.joshsfrogs.com-- these make a good variety to his diet - once you increase size of the dubias he wont eat as many -- around 5-10 maybe I cant remember how many Blaze was eating at 5 months
Ok thanks Sadie. How do you think he looks? His fat pads seem pretty decent and he is constantly shedding.

Latest posts