• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeders

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm wondering if all feeders get fed to the dragons, the same amount as other feeders. Sorry if that sounds confusing lol. Like, say crickets vs. roaches. If a beardie eats 75 crickets, would it eat 75 roaches? I think I read somewhere that 75 crickets = 25 roaches. Is this true? I was wondering because of that that I read, and someone told me that since my dragons usually eat 40 crickets, that'll equal to about 8 superworms.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great question I would like to know the same

Is there a ratio chart or formula to work it out
Like lets say
10 crics = 5 roaches = 7 silks = 2 supers . . . . . . . . something like that.

We have the following feeders available here throughout the year at different times. Spring is in 2 months then my silkworms will hatch ;D
Crics (I breed my own)
Roaches (really huge ones, so waiting till P gets bigger)
Silks in summer (Got my own)
Supers (About 1.57 - 1.96 inches in length)

Also if I may . . . .
hijacked.gif
Sorry Melissa
We have earthworms, can I feed those on occasion as a variant? If so how many, how often?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think that certain feeders are more filling than others so I would imagine dragons becoming more full after less amounts of certain feeders. Silkworms for example are supposedly more filling than crickets and I read somewhere that 7 silks = 1 cricket of equal size. Not sure how true it is but it's what I've read.

Earthworms if I'm not mistaken are one of those things to be considered feed rarely prey items. Usually they don't come from that great of conditions since they are typically bred for bait. Could be wrong on that though.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you use the protein/calcium/vitamin ratio taking fats into consideration

take into account the dubia.
36% protein, 7% fat

a cricket
21% protein 6% fat

Leaving approximately 15% more protein in the amount of the dubia. If you feed 75 crix on an average basis, you can reduce that number by 11 then calculate your ca:ph ratios for the proper supplementation.

Latest posts