• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

feeder cartons

charlotte

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
hello guys im brand new to beardies but i have a cham, for my cham i made a milk carton feeder works great contains the crix they do not get ot and he can get to them, but totally different tounges my question is have you foud anything like that? my girl wouldnt eat in a seperate tub. ive tried several times. she just wants ot and shes got a ton of crix crawling on her it doesnt look like fun id be stressed too. so for now i stand there dropping them one at a time in front of her so i know theres no more then one or 2 loose.. has anyone figured out anykind of feeder container.?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmmm - tough one. You're definitely doing the right thing by not letting the crickets climb all over your dragon. I'm not sure how you could arrange for a feeder container with a bearded dragon though... any ideas folks?

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Wish I had an answer for you :confused:

I gave up using crickets after a month of messing with them. While my beardies were babies and juvies I fed them reptiworms. And now that they are adults I feed them supers, and also mostly vegies now...

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I used a glass jar when mine was still eating cricks as a staple. She would stick her head inside, eat till she was full and then back up. Worked great

charlotte

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
live i an apartment right now i could probibly get away with explaining the crix and worms but the roaches nah besides the hunny wont alow it i think id have the heebee geebees too.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh C . . . . youll never ever ever be sorry once you start with roaches.
Some of the benefits are they have a higher meat ratio than cricks, thus more nutritious :)
The dont make a noise AT ALL (unlike cricks) :cool:
They dont stink AT ALL (Unlike cricks) :p
They live forever, some of mine are well over a year old......(Unlike cricks that die within weeks)
They breed without needing encouragement (Really the person who came up with the saying "Breed like bunnies.....has obviously NOT seen roaches) and i have both, roaches and bunnies, so i should know LOL
Saves you tons and tons of money . . . FREE FOOD *Yippeeeeeeee* I havent bought a single feeder in 10 Months. (Except the occasional treat that i do not bred myself)

Any roach will do, I breed Lobsters

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
And as far as the heebee geebees goes . . . youll get over it. I DID :cool:

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh and i almost forgot, less chance of parasites, as cricks are the largest carrier of parasites

WatfordOleary17

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have a plastic tank with lid, I put newspaper on bottom with egg box one ten and bug grub in a Pot and bug gel in another the other end job done! Oh apart from gettin them out the day b4 to put them in another container with Bug grub n gel to make sure the locust im feeding r gut loaded. ( b carefull to ensure they don't get released into the wild as not native to uk )

charlotte

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i want to get to the free food time im looking for a house nw and yard is so improtant for many reasons... first off for my dog and second so i can breed feeders. maybe one day with tongs..... idk maybe roaches but id so call them beatles

Latest posts