• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Favorite UVB Bulb?

eliuly

Hatchling Dragon
Which is your favorite? Why? Pros? Cons?
I've only used one type for the past month or so and I'm just wondering which is the best.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
When I first set my tanks up I used the Reptisun 10.0 T8HO tube style bulb. I had it sitting on the mesh top of my tank, which cuts out a percentage of the UVB that you actually get. So I had to have a set up to get them about 4 inches from the UVB and I had to change the bulbs every 6 months. Dexter is 2 now and getting to be a little heffer so I didn't really want her to be up so high in her tank. I recently switched to the Reptisun 10.0 T5HO tube bulbs. It required buying whole new fixtures but I got them at a good price and it was the best decision ever! The tanks are brighter and Dexter is a lot more active. The UVB covers a wider area of the tank so she doesn't need to be as close to the light anymore, even with it sitting on the mesh top. So everything is now closer to the ground for her so she really can't hurt herself if she falls off her ledge.

Latest posts