• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Expert advice needed

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
I think Lily may have tail rot. When I purchased her from petco in August she had a kink in her tail. I didn't think anything of it. Well lately I've been noticing its getting dark at the tip of her tail. Could this be tail rot??? I live in a small town and dont have any rep vets available, although I did reach out to a reptile rescue that we have in my town. They have yet to return my message. Anywho, does it look like lily has tail rot???

Attachments

• 15414388817482977783728187407773.jpg
    15414388817482977783728187407773.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 15414389487346520539082127419318.jpg
    15414389487346520539082127419318.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 46

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
I honestly wish I could help, it’s so sad to think they may loose their tail but great news is that they are a resilient animal. My Cleo will more then likely loose his right arm because of some type of bone disease. He still makes some attempts to utilize it but alas it’s to no avail. I know that dragons do change colors even on wired locations on their bodies, mine has done this before, I’ll try and get a shot of their tails when I get home to show you. This may be nothing. But I can tell you that if it is tail rot, soak it in a betadine solution and water to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
I honestly wish I could help, it’s so sad to think they may loose their tail but great news is that they are a resilient animal. My Cleo will more then likely loose his right arm because of some type of bone disease. He still makes some attempts to utilize it but alas it’s to no avail. I know that dragons do change colors even on wired locations on their bodies, mine has done this before, I’ll try and get a shot of their tails when I get home to show you. This may be nothing. But I can tell you that if it is tail rot, soak it in a betadine solution and water to help.

Thank you I really appreciate the tips. I really hope it's not tail rot.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Some dragons just get darker tail tips. It's hard to say what this is. The tail rot that I've seen has been more constricting looking. Like the tail shrinks and gets crusty.

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
Some dragons just get darker tail tips. It's hard to say what this is. The tail rot that I've seen has been more constricting looking. Like the tail shrinks and gets crusty.
Thank you.Okay kinda good news I'm gonna keep an eye on it, and grab some iodine to soak her tail.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with Patsy they will often darken certain areas when they are excited, upset, or just in a mood... tail rot would be crusty dry shriveled up looking.

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
6135808d4229fe2d1093182c2e76180a.jpg

Not the best but this is Neffys tail, it gets darker as it gets to the very tip.

Latest posts