• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Exo-terra question

frank1011

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone!

So I plan in purchasing either an exo-terra 36x18x18 or the Nat Geo version of the same size (both are front entry). I noticed on the exo terra that it has what looks like to be plastic bars on the top - one running horizontal and one running vertical splitting the area into 4 sections. I want to purchase a 24 inch reptisun hood with the 22 inch reptisun H5 10.0 bulb. The bulb/hood would be on top of those bars. Would it melt them! I can't really tell what the top of the Nat geo one looks like on top. I like the way the Exo terra looks in general better but might have to go with the other one if the UVB bulb is going to be an issue. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The tube style UVB bulb doesn't put out heat so it's fine resting it on the bars. You have to worry about the basking light though. Make sure your fixture fits within the area. I've actually bent my domes a little so they fit.

Latest posts