• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Exo terra MVB

Bruins14

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have a brand new MVB when I turned it on it was on for about a minute, and then started blinking on and off. I tried it in diffrent fixtures, and it did the same in all of them.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
did you let it alone for a bit. The solar glo is a tempermental bulb and can take some time to "burn in" so to speak.

Bruins14

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I just purchased it, and plugged it in, and it started to blink after a minute. After reading your post I plugged it back in, and am going to leave it on for awhile. Do you think it could be defective?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The solar glo is very tempermental as i said. If the temps in your room are too cold itll turn off or flicker if the power flashes its off for 30 minutes till the bulb cools down and turns back on. I have had more problems then good with the solar glo and though i know it is the cheapest safe option i personally went back to the TRex mvb. Best bulb for the money i have ever used.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh and as far as the blinking it honestly just sounds like what they do when they are burning in. Everyone of them i had did this when they were fresh out of the box.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
30 minutes to an hour is the longest its lasted ever for me. but honestly its been a while since i have used em. as i just dont like them.

Bruins14

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks, I was looking for T-Rex, but could not find any localy. I think I'll get 1 online.

Bruins14

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It stopped blinking. It does not do this every time you turn it on does it?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It may blink 3-5 times when you first turn it on but it wont do it constantly like it did this time.

Latest posts