• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

exo terra light cycle unit dimming

stewy84

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Does anyone know anything about these? I thought about getting one but cant find any reviews about it. Thanks

stewy84

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Exo Terra Compact Fluorescent 13watt 10.0 Bulb

And how many of these would I need for a 4' x 2' x 1.5' cage, thanks.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
compact fluorescents have been linked to conjunctivitis in the past so most of us are still somewhat scared of them. i recommend the tube fluorescents or mvb's instead depending on tank size.

stewy84

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I was talking about the cycle thing, i just saw those compact ones and wondered about them but changed my mind cause of the price difference in changing bulbs, so for get the compact question. I really just want a review on the cycle dimmer timer thing. Is it a good product, is it a big deal if it goes from light to dark in a flip of a switch? No I have not had time to read his link. My viv is made of oak all the way around other than the front, that is plexi glass. Tile floor and that is all the farther I have made it, just want to make sure I buy the right thing the first time, I think I am going to go with a 36'' tube light that is a 10.0. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
if you have the proper size light/tank combo then your baskin temp and cool side should work itself out. no night heat needed unless temps fall to the low 60's or below. i use regular timers for my lights. on at 7 am and off at 9 pm.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
if you have the proper size light/tank combo then your basking temp and cool side should work itself out. no night heat needed unless temps fall to the low 60's or below. i use regular timers for my lights. on at 7 am and off at 9 pm.
Same here just run timers on all my vivs my heat is controlled by bulb distance and venting.

stewy84

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So if its pitch black and the light comes on it dont bother them? Heat is not going to be a problem,I have 2 or 3 extra thermostats. just need to know if it goes from black to bright light if it will bother them. Im taking it it wont if everyone uses a regular timer.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
i use a reguler timer my ligh comes on at 530am and goes off at 730 pm

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
well thats how mine is set but but mine come on at 10am and off at 10pm so its allready daylight when they come on

Latest posts