• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Examples of under Viv cabinets? What do I put the Viv on?

Frogb0i

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,

Originally I was planning to get a VivExotic AAL 4x4x2 from swell, but I’ve since actually purchased a custom coloured 4x4x4 from a local reptile store.

With the custom Viv, I sadly can’t afford (atm) the matching custom cabinet which is around £250, but will be getting it probably after Christmas.

I called Swell, and with their cabinets all being “topless” they only fit their own vivs as the vivs kind of sit inside the cabinet lip.

I’ve been scouring eBay/Facebook marketplace/gumtree/Amazon for specific reptile cabinets or tables/tv side boards/desks that aren’t too dear to last a couple of months - but I’m coming up trumps as most I’m seeing are aquarium cabinets which have the same VivExotic issue

I was wondering what kind of thing are everyone’s vivs on if they don’t have custom cabinets! There must be something surely that would fit a 4x4x4 viv? If it has drawers/cupboards that would be brill for putting their supplies in!

Only thing I’ve seen so far are the Ikea KALLAX 4 cube “flat” version which is wayyy to low to the floor and I’d barely see it from the bottom of my bed. You can get ones with legs but it only raises it up a few inches at most!

Please help as I’d like to get this before my beardie comes home (end of Oct) so it’s all ready for the viv/baby.

Thankyou!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,

Originally I was planning to get a VivExotic AAL 4x4x2 from swell, but I’ve since actually purchased a custom coloured 4x4x4 from a local reptile store.

With the custom Viv, I sadly can’t afford (atm) the matching custom cabinet which is around £250, but will be getting it probably after Christmas.

I called Swell, and with their cabinets all being “topless” they only fit their own vivs as the vivs kind of sit inside the cabinet lip.

I’ve been scouring eBay/Facebook marketplace/gumtree/Amazon for specific reptile cabinets or tables/tv side boards/desks that aren’t too dear to last a couple of months - but I’m coming up trumps as most I’m seeing are aquarium cabinets which have the same VivExotic issue

I was wondering what kind of thing are everyone’s vivs on if they don’t have custom cabinets! There must be something surely that would fit a 4x4x4 viv? If it has drawers/cupboards that would be brill for putting their supplies in!

Only thing I’ve seen so far are the Ikea KALLAX 4 cube “flat” version which is wayyy to low to the floor and I’d barely see it from the bottom of my bed. You can get ones with legs but it only raises it up a few inches at most!

Please help as I’d like to get this before my beardie comes home (end of Oct) so it’s all ready for the viv/baby.

Thankyou!
I use 2 different stands for my tanks -- one I got from Home Depot its a aquarium stand that was spendy and the other I got from a second hand furniture shop- its a dresser w/ drawers and serves it purpose - $40 for it -

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
I like Sadie's idea of searching the second had or thrift stores to find something suitable.

Latest posts