• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ew! HATE lobster roaches!

TurtlePunk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So I recently ordered some more roaches from mulberry farms but by mistake instead of ordering dubias like I normally do, I ordered lobsters!
turns out my beardie likes them A LOT better than the dubias, but ugh THEYRE SO GROSS.
They crawl up anything! i even put vaseline on the side of the critter keeper i put them in and the smaller babies can STILL climb the sides and reach the top and get out!
Furthermore, THEY HISS! eew
I reach in to grab one and it hisses and produces some nasty fluid from its mouth!!
not to mention, theyre pretty FAST if you drop one.
Dubias are just so much better in my opinion.
ok. end of rant! lol

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
blech. for some reason roaches are so much more gross to me than crickets. I understand roaches are more nutritious and easier to keep and breed but ugh. Hissing, spitting, running, no thanks! :)

TurtlePunk

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Im with you there Josh!! but rocko will not touch crickets anymore!! =( grrr!

Kimby37

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
We got talked into hissing roaches to breed....waiting. As we are waiting my son wants to hold one everyday, just don't trust them being out.

KrisWithaK1225

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Lol that's why I stick with Dubias. But hopefully you'll get used to the lobsters and maybe you'll start to like them eventually :p.

Latest posts