• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure upgrade and bioactive ...

AKAMommyto1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi!
I am in the process of upgrading my dragons enclosures as well as attempting to make them bioactive. They are being moved to a 5X2 enclosure. (Each one is getting a 5X2). I have the outer shell of the enclosure done and the plants to put in, but want to make sure I get the substrate right. I keep seeing so many different ways to mix up a “good” substrate. Has anyone made their own and can offer suggestions? I’m slightly concerned about using this for one of the beardies. He has MBD and some neurological issues and I’m concerned about him ingesting a lot of it while grabbing his food. I think I have worked ways around this by offering it on a slate with his regular bowl or taking him out to eat.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated on the substrate! I have some pieces to go in it, but a list and mix combo ratios would be amazing! How deep the substrate needs to be and how deep drainage layer should be. Whatever I use for them will be used for my Russian tortoise who is also getting an upgrade.
Thanks in advance!

Latest posts