• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure flooring ideas?

swanmom05

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am wondering what others use and/or prefer for the flooring of their beardies enclosures. Looking for something easy to upkeep yet looks nice.

We breed feeder insects as well as some beardies. So i have ALOT of tanks to clean!

Thanks for any info!!

Heres what i have done in the past...
I currently use paper-towels for my babies & newspaper for my big ones. One of my dragons came with sand in his tank so i tried it. I liked the ease of cleaning it but changed it when i learned how harmful it can be. I have also tried a "tanbark" like item. It looked good but hard to clean and bugs could hide.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I like paper towel when they are babies. I used repti carpet which looked nice but was hard to spot clean. Same with shelf liner. I recently switched to untreated ceramic tile. So far it's been the best. My boy loves to run and it has filed his nails down real nice and it's easy to clean. I just take a dirty tile out and wash it. Once a week I will go in and vacuum any dried salad or skin that's fallen off and fallen between the cracks.

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
TILE!!!! Super easy, super cheap and very easy to clean, just take out the 1 peice of tile that is needed and bamn there you go.

Or like Patsy said. Paper towel for the babies, that is what I am doing at the moment, and then getting tile, its gunna cost 13 bucks for like 20 peices of 6x6 inch tile.

cody

Hatchling Dragon
I got this tile at home depot. It looks very nice. Has traction so he can walk on it easily and retains heat and cleaning is east
IMAG0490.jpg
IMAG0485.jpg

Biggie

Bearded Dragon Egg
We used newspaper wen he was tough now he's on children's play sand and floor tiles, great for shedding and nails, no problems what so ever with impaction, if anything he loves to poop.

cody

Hatchling Dragon
Hey so you remember the brand and name of that. I might get some for my new set up I am going to be doing soon. Thanks looks really good
I don't know what it's called sorry. Just get the dimentions of your tank and go to the tile section at home depot. There's tons of options it was hard to decided. But I went with that because I like stone/wood grain look, and it has good texture for traction. It's really cheap to.

huntreefs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Awesome I like stone/ wood grain look too. Is it ceramic or more of the linoleum type, sorta like pergo? Thanks for the help

cody

Hatchling Dragon
I'd say ceramic. It's pretty stone like. I just picked up a heat mat, I'm sure it'll warm it up nice. Also gonna use it to bread dubais.

cody

Hatchling Dragon
Oh and I thought you should know that I got tiles that would fit my tank envenly, but they ended up over lapping and not fitting evenly. I don't really mind I guess it doesn't look that bad

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh and I thought you should know that I got tiles that would fit my tank envenly, but they ended up over lapping and not fitting evenly. I don't really mind I guess it doesn't look that bad

You have to have a few of the tiles cut if you want them to fit the tank exactly. I learned that too, the dimensions on the tank include the outside molding of the tank and aren't really the inside measurements. I did the same thing when I bought my tile. I ended up mixing and matching different size tiles and got as close of a fit as I could. I have some gaps but i'm okay with it.

swanmom05

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank u everyone. I have gotten some tiles to give it a try. I will post when i have them in.

Biggie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here's biggie chillin on his rock

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420657045884.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420657045884.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 245

Latest posts