• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure flooring and enrichment

Voiromi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I currently have slate/tile for my bearded dragons flooring. However, recently I’ve heard loose substrate is good rather than bad but you need to be careful with it and your beardie must be in good health. So I was wondering what I should switch my flooring to loose substrate or plastic grass or if I should keep the tile. My tank is a 4 x 2 x 2 ( 120 gallon.

I was also wondering if anyone recommend some enrichment toys and enclosure structures. I currently have rock, a log, a piece of wood and a hammock.
Thank you.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello,

I currently have slate/tile for my bearded dragons flooring. However, recently I’ve heard loose substrate is good rather than bad but you need to be careful with it and your beardie must be in good health. So I was wondering what I should switch my flooring to loose substrate or plastic grass or if I should keep the tile. My tank is a 4 x 2 x 2 ( 120 gallon.

I was also wondering if anyone recommend some enrichment toys and enclosure structures. I currently have rock, a log, a piece of wood and a hammock.
Thank you.
I too was using all tile in my two tanks and was concerned w/ the hardness on the joints of the dragons- so I switched to a Zen Habitats rubber mat and kept two pieces of tile running center width wise in the tank for their nails - they have all kinds of climbing decor but they like the floor of the tank - I dont recommend plastic grass and loose substrate can be real hard to keep clean - it can harbor bacteria so w/ that in mind its up to you to change it out - I recommend a hide - think big -- what kind of hammock are you using? If its one of the green mesh ones or grass ones I would opt for a fleece or a cloth one
www.etsy.com
www.pamperedbeardies.com

Voiromi

Bearded Dragon Egg
I too was using all tile in my two tanks and was concerned w/ the hardness on the joints of the dragons- so I switched to a Zen Habitats rubber mat and kept two pieces of tile running center width wise in the tank for their nails - they have all kinds of climbing decor but they like the floor of the tank - I dont recommend plastic grass and loose substrate can be real hard to keep clean - it can harbor bacteria so w/ that in mind its up to you to change it out - I recommend a hide - think big -- what kind of hammock are you using? If its one of the green mesh ones or grass ones I would opt for a fleece or a cloth one
www.etsy.com
www.pamperedbeardies.com
Thank you,

https://www.zenhabitats.com/products/zen-mat-black-46-x-22-textured-pvc-mat

Is this the zen habits mat you were talking about?

Also my hammock is like knitted straw fiber. I’m not sure the exact term for it.

Il Go look for a big hide for him as well.

Also are backgrounds on the inside of the cage safe? The cage is completly black except for the sliding doors

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you,

https://www.zenhabitats.com/products/zen-mat-black-46-x-22-textured-pvc-mat

Is this the zen habits mat you were talking about? Yes

Also my hammock is like knitted straw fiber. I’m not sure the exact term for it. Post a pic of it please

Il Go look for a big hide for him as well.

Also are backgrounds on the inside of the cage safe? The cage is completly black except for the sliding doors
Most backgrounds are on the outside -- I dont recommend them in the tank

Latest posts