• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Emergency vet visit for Misty-moo

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Earlier today I had to take my babies girl Misty-moo to an emergency vet visit.
She had a massive poop that was like water and her vent turned inside out after she had finished her poop there was a small pool of blood.
I quickly put her in a warm bath and her vent went normal again. She was straining to poop. She hadn't pooped I'm 2 weeks ( she normally goes every 10/12 days)

I managed to get her an emergency appointment within a hour.

She had a X-ray that shown a small tear in her bowel. Vet said it was more then likely caused by her straining and that was where the blood had come from. He said she was more then likely impacted and managed to clear it her self. She was given a antibiotic shot to stop any infection from the tear.
Other then that she's a healthy little dragon. She gotta go back in 4 weeks for another x-ray to make sure she has healed. She is on a soft food only diet with critical care formula until her poop is a bit more solid..

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Poor baby ! and - poor Mom ! glad to hear she's ok. I would be a bit concerned about her pooping every 10 to 12 days. that's kind of a long time for regular poops ! fiber? water? exercise? here's to quick healing !!

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She's always gone 10/12 days between pooping and it's always been normal poop, she drinks water everyone other day, she has plenty of exercise and has a very healthy diet and calcium and vitamins. Only thing I can think of that may have caused it is she had a sand box in her viv for a few weeks because she tries digging when I'm at work ( I have camera set up so I can watch the girls when I'm at work or out on my phone ) I took it out other day when I decorated her viv. She may have eaten a bit

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Poor Misty! I hope she starts to feel better soon.

My kiddos usually go every 3 to 4 days, sometimes more. Once I started giving water via an eye dropper, their bowel movements became more regular. Does Misty drink often?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Poor Misty! I hope she starts to feel better soon.

My kiddos usually go every 3 to 4 days, sometimes more. Once I started giving water via an eye dropper, their bowel movements became more regular. Does Misty drink often?

Every other day and I spray her veggies every day x

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Every other day and I spray her veggies every day x

Maybe now that she's passed her blockage she'll go more regularly. Poor gal. Does she seem to be doing alright? I'd be a total mess right now. How are you holding up?

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She's not eaten anything since it happened been offering her a few wax worms and her greens. She's lively and still wanting to come out. Gonna start her on grub pie slurry in morning mixed with her critical care and calcium

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm sure her tummy doesn't feel the best, so turning down food isn't too surprising. I'd probably wait a few days anyway to give the tear some time to close up. Internal injuries are stressful, especially for us because we can't see them to monitor them. She'll be back to her food loving self in no time, I'm sure :)

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm sure her tummy doesn't feel the best, so turning down food isn't too surprising. I'd probably wait a few days anyway to give the tear some time to close up. Internal injuries are stressful, especially for us because we can't see them to monitor them. She'll be back to her food loving self in no time, I'm sure :)

She's managed to eat a bit of banana ( that she stole out my hand) and 4 supers today xx

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm sorry to hear Misty-moo has had such a hard time. Glad the vet was able to help out. Wishing her a fast and healthy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Best gift I could ask for the day before I go back to work doing 12 hour shifts lol at least I'm not gonna worry as much now lol

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow that's alot to go thru! Glad that she is doing better! glad you were around to see it and got her help..

Latest posts