• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Egon nipped me ;(

tl3314

Hatchling Dragon
So apparently when Egon sheds... He is a grumpy old man ;(. I've been holding him for short periods tO try to get him used to being held... I usually start off by showing him my hand and rubbing the top of his head and under his chin. He seemed to like it- until today. I was rubbing under his chin and he latched onto my finger and clamped down hard ;(. He let go after a few seconds but it startled me bc if no warning- no hissing or flattening or open mouth. What did I do wrong? I waited a minute and put my hand back near him and he just ran away. How do I undo whatever I did wrong? Sad face here ;(

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So apparently when Egon sheds... He is a grumpy old man ;(. I've been holding him for short periods tO try to get him used to being held... I usually start off by showing him my hand and rubbing the top of his head and under his chin. He seemed to like it- until today. I was rubbing under his chin and he latched onto my finger and clamped down hard ;(. He let go after a few seconds but it startled me bc if no warning- no hissing or flattening or open mouth. What did I do wrong? I waited a minute and put my hand back near him and he just ran away. How do I undo whatever I did wrong? Sad face here ;(
Awwww :( Cass doesn't like being messed with when she's shedding either. Most I'll do is take her out to put her in the tub. I wouldn't worry about it affecting your future relationship, but I wouldn't mess with him when he's shedding anymore! Are you okay?

Latest posts