• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating schedule change

JuliaAndGobi1208

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’ve been feeding gobi twice a day at the same time for each feeding. His first feeding is at 6:30 AM when I have to wake up and his last feeding is at 8:00 PM just to give him extra time to digest his food and everything before lights off at 10:30 PM. If he falls asleep (walk into his den and burrows in the towel inside) before his last feeding do I skip his dinner and let him sleep or should I wake him up to eat?

Knight98

Juvenile Dragon
Bearded dragons are only really meant to have 12-14 hours of light. So how are u feeding him at 6:30am and then again at 8pm? Then lights off at 10:30? Surely you can’t have his lights on on for 16 hours?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve been feeding gobi twice a day at the same time for each feeding. His first feeding is at 6:30 AM when I have to wake up and his last feeding is at 8:00 PM just to give him extra time to digest his food and everything before lights off at 10:30 PM. If he falls asleep (walk into his den and burrows in the towel inside) before his last feeding do I skip his dinner and let him sleep or should I wake him up to eat?
Lights should be on 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off-- he should be fed 2-3 hrs prior to lights off

Knight98

Juvenile Dragon
I have lights on for 7am, feed salad and greens at 7:30. Leave them in viv all day until I’m home from work at 5pm. Not long after I’m home I’ll give plenty of bugs and lights out at 8pm.

Latest posts