• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Isabella987

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my beardie is around 9 months old now. I switch between crickets and dubias every 2-3 weeks and buy in bulk of 100-200 each. He’s starting to eat less of them, whether it’s crickets or dubias. But he’s still eating and going after 3-4 of them. I can’t get him to eat greens. i’ve put nutri grubs in it and he’ll eat around the (mustard green, turnip greens, or collard greens). I’ve put little slices of apple in it and he was not eating that either. He’s also gotten a little less active too. He used to move around his cage more but he won’t really move from the new hammock i got him a couple weeks ago. He’s dug in his bearded dragon mix a little each day. He gets baths 2 times a week with a stream of water to drink from and usually poops in the water. And I’ve noticed something new that he does when I pick him up. He likes to wrap his tale around my wrist to feel more secure on my hand. He doesn’t seem underweight but he’s definitely not as big as some other 9 month old dragons i’ve seen. He had pinworms about 3 months ago and it was an expensive vet visit with some antibiotics and mouth feeding until he wanted insects again. it doesn’t really seem like the same situation because he wasn’t eating at all when that was going on. He woke up when i took this picture because i was petting his back before lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So my beardie is around 9 months old now. I switch between crickets and dubias every 2-3 weeks and buy in bulk of 100-200 each. He’s starting to eat less of them, whether it’s crickets or dubias. But he’s still eating and going after 3-4 of them. I can’t get him to eat greens. i’ve put nutri grubs in it and he’ll eat around the (mustard green, turnip greens, or collard greens). I’ve put little slices of apple in it and he was not eating that either. He’s also gotten a little less active too. He used to move around his cage more but he won’t really move from the new hammock i got him a couple weeks ago. He’s dug in his bearded dragon mix a little each day. He gets baths 2 times a week with a stream of water to drink from and usually poops in the water. And I’ve noticed something new that he does when I pick him up. He likes to wrap his tale around my wrist to feel more secure on my hand. He doesn’t seem underweight but he’s definitely not as big as some other 9 month old dragons i’ve seen. He had pinworms about 3 months ago and it was an expensive vet visit with some antibiotics and mouth feeding until he wanted insects again. it doesn’t really seem like the same situation because he wasn’t eating at all when that was going on. He woke up when i took this picture because i was petting his back before lol
Surface basking temps and UVB are in control of the diet and other behavior - please tell me what your surface basking temps are and how your taking them -- NO stick ons please --- also the UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture? This is critical for the heath of your dragon

Isabella987

Bearded Dragon Egg
Surface basking temps and UVB are in control of the diet and other behavior - please tell me what your surface basking temps are and how your taking them -- NO stick ons please --- also the UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture? This is critical for the heath of your dragon
I had my light tested by the vet 2 months back and she said i was good. I use flukers 150 watt bulb. the base of his cage is 76-77° humidity is higher right now because it’s 8am and his light came only about an hour and a half ago so it’s still lowering. temp where he likes to bask is 99-100°. Cool side is 75°

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What kind of uvb? I would recommend getting a digital probe thermometer-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i only have a basking bulb
You need to get a long tube fixture-- coils are bad - they do not provide the adequate uvb he needs please take it back you need a 24" Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb found at PetSmart or a 24" Zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb let me know when you get it I will help you ace it for your tank
update: New light set up picked up. having a beardie is expensive

Isabella987

Bearded Dragon Egg
You need to get a long tube fixture-- coils are bad - they do not provide the adequate uvb he needs please take it back you need a 24" Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb found at PetSmart or a 24" Zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb let me know when you get it I will help you ace it for your tank

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He looks okay but he's not had uvb so you may have heth issues popping up + please get the correct uvb or he will not eat - coils are a health Hazzard

Latest posts