• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eating habits

toddhowe40

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 2 month old beardie and doesn't seem to eat alot .maybe 4 crickets a day and 2 meal worms.the temp can't seem to get over 97° and I was wondering if this is why she has a less appetite? Humity is 40% and have her on a 12 hr UVA/UVB schedule .she doesn't look like she is loosing weight I just really thought they ate more at this age ..is this a reason for concern as I have only owned one adult dragon years ago and this juvenile stuff is new to me so any help be much appreciated also she is active running around and climbing just stumped she does eat kale and just a few bugs a day here is a few pics she is alert

Attachments

• IMG_20210603_074234.jpg
    IMG_20210603_074234.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210603_074145.jpg
    IMG_20210603_074145.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 2 month old beardie and doesn't seem to eat alot .maybe 4 crickets a day and 2 meal worms.the temp can't seem to get over 97° and I was wondering if this is why she has a less appetite? Humity is 40% and have her on a 12 hr UVA/UVB schedule .she doesn't look like she is loosing weight I just really thought they ate more at this age ..is this a reason for concern as I have only owned one adult dragon years ago and this juvenile stuff is new to me so any help be much appreciated also she is active running around and climbing just stumped she does eat kale and just a few bugs a day here is a few pics she is alert
I answered in you other post about the lighting --- if you need more help please ask --- how long have you had her? The basking temps for a baby should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- she needs salads every day --- please read my other post and if you need more help w/ the UVB etc please I will help you

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
The amount of UVB light won't matter if it's the wrong type of bulb. A T8 or T5 10.0 (desert) bulb is highly recommended. If by next month your dragon doesn't start eating more (after changing to the recommended UVB bulb). Let us know. Also ..for babies 97 degrees is fine. I don't recommend going over 100 degrees for a dragon that age.

Latest posts