• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Early burmation?? Sick?

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey all! My bearded is about 4 years old and has started to hide and sleep in his Little Rock house. I don’t remember what times he usually burmates. I got him out by waking him up and using crickets. He seems okay, but is end of July too early to start burmating? I don’t think he’s sick.

Attachments

• 0C925C31-E888-4D3A-8E53-B915BEACE171.jpeg
    0C925C31-E888-4D3A-8E53-B915BEACE171.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey all! My bearded is about 4 years old and has started to hide and sleep in his Little Rock house. I don’t remember what times he usually burmates. I got him out by waking him up and using crickets. He seems okay, but is end of July too early to start burmating? I don’t think he’s sick.
Typically they brumate early fall into winter months -- how old is your UVB bulb? And are you using a long tube fixture NO coils please - we normally go over the husbandry first to determine if it is actual brumation as certain things being off w/ their habitat can mimic brumation behavior- surface basking temps should be taken w/a digital probe thermometer of 95-100 and cool side low 80's - cooler temps in the tank will send them into brumation behavior as well --

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Typically they brumate early fall into winter months -- how old is your UVB bulb? And are you using a long tube fixture NO coils please - we normally go over the husbandry first to determine if it is actual brumation as certain things being off w/ their habitat can mimic brumation behavior- surface basking temps should be taken w/a digital probe thermometer of 95-100 and cool side low 80's - cooler temps in the tank will send them into brumation behavior as well --
I’m not sure which
i have 2 lamps. They’ve both been replaced within the last year (the bulbs) it’s currently 94.2° in his tank and has a heat pad on the outside and his rock house sits next to it on the inside.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m not sure which

i have 2 lamps. They’ve both been replaced within the last year (the bulbs) it’s currently 94.2° in his tank and has a heat pad on the outside and his rock house sits next to it on the inside.
Heat pads are really no good - if you need heat in the tank for night please get a ceramic heat emitter -- temps at night should not be over 75 and under 65 ambient -- unless the dragon is sick then you want warmer temps at night-- please get surface basking temps up to 95-100 for an adult dragon --- what is the brand and bulb of the UVB? They have certain expiration dates for T 5's and T 8's -- placement is crucial as well --

crissy60

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardy was doing this also. Were you putting him/her to bed at different times or did you keep the same times??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Heat pads are really no good - if you need heat in the tank for night please get a ceramic heat emitter -- temps at night should not be over 75 and under 65 ambient -- unless the dragon is sick then you want warmer temps at night-- please get surface basking temps up to 95-100 for an adult dragon --- what is the brand and bulb of the UVB? They have certain expiration dates for T 5's and T 8's -- placement is crucial as well --
Update on this dragon please

Latest posts