• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dying?

Jess.MarksWife

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie had gotten burned from the sauder from the heat lamp a while ago. I did all the betadine soaks. He seemed to be getting better but he is now not able to use his leg and I believe the infection has taken over. He will not eat and is sleeping all the time. A few days ago, his behavior was way off. He was doing flips in his terrarium and now I do believe his leg could possibly could be broke. He gets mad when we try to take him out of his home. How long can a beardie go without eating? We got him in April of this year and he was pretty young when we got him. His poop the other day was a little strange. The white part of his poop had some orange in it. We've come to the conclusion that he is dying and there's nothing we can do for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You HAVE. To take him to the vet. If he is dying you can’t let him suffer, that is just cruel. Orange in the poop is usually a sign of dehydration.

Jess.MarksWife

Bearded Dragon Egg
You HAVE. To take him to the vet. If he is dying you can’t let him suffer, that is just cruel. Orange in the poop is usually a sign of dehydration.
Ok, but my thing is...what can a vet do to save him? Or do they put beardie to sleep like a normal vet does with cats and dogs? I do not want him to suffer.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They may not even need to put him down.. He may need antibiotics to clear any infection... but he needs a vet ASAP as you don't want him to suffer he likely is in pain.. Make sure you have the proper UVB and Basking bulbs, proper temps, proper supplements.

Jess.MarksWife

Bearded Dragon Egg
They may not even need to put him down.. He may need antibiotics to clear any infection... but he needs a vet ASAP as you don't want him to suffer he likely is in pain.. Make sure you have the proper UVB and Basking bulbs, proper temps, proper supplements.
I do have the proper things for him.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hdrydr31 is right, they may not need to put him down. Possibly just some antibiotic and salve for the burn. If he does need to be put down the vet will do it just like a dog or cat.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
sorry to hear about your beardie, I hope a vet can help. I would be writing a strongly worded letter of complaint to the manufacturer of the bulb, there is no way the solder should be melting at the temps produced by the bulb. The blame for your dragons condition lies firmly on their shoulders imo, not something you could ever predict happening.

Jess.MarksWife

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks, I'm now leaving the forum. No sense in staying. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. God bless! Thanks for all the advice.

Latest posts