• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia roaches aren't eating.

JakeTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Everyone!
I have a roach colony that I got when I adopted my beardie. Until recently they have been fine but now they are not eating their food source and I am picking out a lot of dead ones, I'm not sure if they are cannibalizing each other or not. They drink their water source. Im not sure what to do, if I need to get a new colony or how to fix the problem. I don't want them to mess with my beardies stomach. He doesn't seem to have any problems with them, his feces is healthy looking and he eats all the roaches he's given. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Everyone!
I have a roach colony that I got when I adopted my beardie. Until recently they have been fine but now they are not eating their food source and I am picking out a lot of dead ones, I'm not sure if they are cannibalizing each other or not. They drink their water source. Im not sure what to do, if I need to get a new colony or how to fix the problem. I don't want them to mess with my beardies stomach. He doesn't seem to have any problems with them, his feces is healthy looking and he eats all the roaches he's given. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!
What are you feeding them?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's basically a blend of chicken feed and plain Cheerios
I dont know --- I feed mine dubia food that I order from www.dubiaroaches.com-- and food I feed the dragons - carrots are fed only to the roaches and not the dragons too much Vit A--- mine love raw shredded sweet potato - I feed oranges squash and other fruits like grapes - mine are not hot on greens like mustard collard etc -- I would change your food and see what happens--how are they getting water I use dubia dew from the same place I get the food

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you have a heat pad or any supplemental heat for the dubia? I've found this helps A LOT

Latest posts