• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia hydration

monkeybumpz

Juvenile Dragon
So I was wondering if roaches can quench their thirst from the moisture in the veggies I give them?

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They can survive on that but it's best to get water crystals so they have all they can drink and be healthier for your dragon.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Orange slices are good also. I give my breeders oranges and they love them

monkeybumpz

Juvenile Dragon
I went to home depot garden section and picked up 12 ounces of water crystals for $10. I think it would work the same. Anyone try this?
uploadfromtaptalk1402165392176.jpg

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ya they work just fine thats what i use. The only down fall is the crystals are not very big so they tend to dry out quickly. Other than that they will do the job just fine.

monkeybumpz

Juvenile Dragon
I have some fluckers orange cubes cricket food/water feed and my roaches don't touch it, that's just my experience.

smokejunky

Juvenile Dragon
The fluckers is to expensive for what u get the miracle grow crystal are amazing. We're going on a year and haven't used half a bag yet haha

monkeybumpz

Juvenile Dragon
I found some granola with flaxseed. I wonder if this would be a good roach chow? On top of the veggies of course.

will_him_is

Juvenile Dragon
I just put the big ones (30ish dubia @3/4) I have in a tuperware container inside another container inside a 10 gal with a heat pad. And once the temp got up to 95ish they all came pretty active. I had to take the lides off cause it started to condensate. I have veg in there now. Waiting for some roach chow which was 10 for a 1lb bag. Also using the water crystal you pictured, first thing I learned is a little goes a long way. Any thoughts on adding calcium to the roach chow?

Thanks for sharing.

monkeybumpz

Juvenile Dragon
Checked out my colony tonight and saw a pair mating. Thought I would share. Hope its not too gross.
uploadfromtaptalk1402555806874.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1402555806874.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402555813822.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402555813822.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts