• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia babies! Help!

Jiminycrickets

Bearded Dragon Egg
After leaving my dubias alone for a while, they ended up making a lot of babies. They're all so cute! But I don't know how to take care of them. I've separated them from the adults and have put them in a separate container with their mum. Mama's not looking so good but they still love and huddle around her. What do I need to feed them? Do they burrow? What should I do?

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Give them veggies such as carrots, slices of potatoes, or pet stores sell cricket food, they'll eat that as well. Keep them warm as they're a tropical insect. Are you going to try making your own colony or will they become lizard food

Sandra Hirst

Bearded Dragon Egg
After leaving my dubias alone for a while, they ended up making a lot of babies. They're all so cute! But I don't know how to take care of them. I've separated them from the adults and have put them in a separate container with their mum. Mama's not looking so good but they still love and huddle around her. What do I need to feed them? Do they burrow? What should I do?
If the females have more nymphs (babies) don't separate them at all. Dubias are social insects and the adults don't harm the nymphs. They get stressed when environments change for them. Only separate the colony if it gets overcrowded. She, the Mom will watch over them for a couple of days and then they will start going their own way venturing further in the tub. Feed them exactly what you're feeding the adults. They will eat as the big ones do. No need to change temps or anything else at all.

DoraTheExplorer

Bearded Dragon Egg
If the females have more nymphs (babies) don't separate them at all. Dubias are social insects and the adults don't harm the nymphs. They get stressed when environments change for them. Only separate the colony if it gets overcrowded. She, the Mom will watch over them for a couple of days and then they will start going their own way venturing further in the tub. Feed them exactly what you're feeding the adults. They will eat as the big ones do. No need to change temps or anything else at all.

Just what I was going to suggest x

DoraTheExplorer

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just what I was going to suggest x

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
Give them veggies such as carrots, slices of potatoes, or pet stores sell cricket food, they'll eat that as well. Keep them warm as they're a tropical insect. Are you going to try making your own colony or will they become lizard food
I agree with @Crabs Mcjones another thing I feen my feeders is Repashy because that will also keep them hydrated and everything you feed them your beardie is eating as well gut loading is very important, making your own colony will save you som $$$$. I am thinking about doing that myself but don’t know where to start.

Latest posts