• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dried, pre-packaged bearded dragon food?

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My mom decided to buy a treat for Loki today while she was at the pet store. It's called "Healthy Herp Adult Dragon Food - instant meal reptile food," and the label on the back says that it's made of freeze dried dandelion greens, red clover tops, corn, carrots, green beans, leeks, zucchini, grasshoppers, banana, calendula flower petals, and calcium carbonate. I decided to not hurt my mom's feelings and gave it to Loki (after carefully picking out the hard grasshopper pieces and anything else that seemed too hard / big for him to swallow), and he seems to be having a good time picking out things that look interesting and eating them. Is this healthy, or did I make a mistake? I don't plan on making this a regular meal, but it IS mighty convenient... :p

It also says this about the content:
Crude protein - 20%
Crude fat - 3%
Crude fiber - 8%
Moisture - 14%
Calcium - .4%
Phosphorus - .3%

Opinions on this and similar products? I know that fresh is always better, but it did seem like a quick and easy thing since I was running late for work and didn't have time to make a proper salad. XD

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I don't use it personally. If your a beginner, I'd recommend greens like Collards and Mustards. They are proven effective. Sounds like a nice, stimulating treat though :)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Live prey and greens are the best. Use as a treat as stated above.

tinmantribe5

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We use that product as a xtra treat 1 or 2 a week I kinda like it its cool when it gets the water and kinda springs alive! ;D

Latest posts