• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dried Blood?

Reality

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello I recently looked at my beardy closely and saw her left nose hole was almost black. Also on the top of her right nose is also a marking. Is this some kind of bruise or dried blood? Maybe old shed-ed skin thats out of tone?
Yesterday i left her roaming along my room i added a new desk and she kept banging on the leg. Im just concerned.
What do you think it is? Or have you had this problem before?
Thanks you!
02565845b007c4fd89ab7f523265e888.jpg

7931e23fd7b59527188455fd3d14d054.jpg

d0ad5371d08ed006b73f8fc021846d85.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hmmm, could just be dirt in her nose. What kind of substrate is she on?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You could take a q-tip and dip it in warm water and roll it across the nostril to see if it comes off.

Reality

Bearded Dragon Egg
You could take a q-tip and dip it in warm water and roll it across the nostril to see if it comes off.
She has bark i been trying to use different things to reduce the poop odor and bark is good but does increase humidity for her :(. But okay thanks will do!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Bark is bad though because if she swallows any of it she is going to get impacted and it could tear her up inside. I think that dust from the bark may have gotten on her nose, do the q-tip and try to wash it.

Really stinky poop is a sign of parasites. If her poop smells that bad, you should have it tested. Tile and nonadhesive shelf liner are really easy to clean poop off of and there is no risk of any of the poop being absorbed into it.

Reality

Bearded Dragon Egg
Bark is bad though because if she swallows any of it she is going to get impacted and it could tear her up inside. I think that dust from the bark may have gotten on her nose, do the q-tip and try to wash it.

Really stinky poop is a sign of parasites. If her poop smells that bad, you should have it tested. Tile and nonadhesive shelf liner are really easy to clean poop off of and there is no risk of any of the poop being absorbed into it.
I will look into those and i used to use sand. I got kinda lazy and stopped picking her poop but even when i did it smelled bad. Now all it smells is my room. Ill do that q-tip advice thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks like dirt or food that is stuck..you can use a soft toothbrush while in the tub to see if it comes off. I use tile in both of mine and it's soo nice and easy clean up.

Latest posts