• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon doing weird tail movement!

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Since Wil has been in her new enclosure she's got into the habit of flicking her tail up in a really sudden rigid movement and touching the heat bulb with it :eek: much to my horror!

I've been watching her very closely for the past few days. After her morning beard stretching ritual she will sit under her heat lamp for approx 20 minutes before her tail shoots up! hits the bulb with the tip, then she twitches it around the bulb before i move her really quickly and she snaps out of it! she hasn't burned her tail and the angle she's hitting the bulb (directly from beneath) means a bulb protector would probably trap the tip inside the mesh!

I AM working on fixing the problem so it doesn't happen again. I'm just wondering why this behaviour has suddenly started?

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
2jaaged.jpg

i'm moving the bark further away so she is less likely to come in direct contact with it. This is how it looks currently

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
when dragons come in contact with uvb light and start to warm up, they do all kinds of weird things. mine also throw their tails up and they curve kinda like a pit bulls tail. its their way of saying "look at me, im ready"
reminds me of a peacock showing off.

Latest posts