• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon Colours

Pancake

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am finding it quite interesting watching Pancake change colours... But, is this normal? (the changing colour part! LOL!) Lots of things are interesting for me!

When we got her, she was a dull beige, with a dark grey back... She shedded about a week ago, and turned a brighter yellow, and her chin turned really red.... now she has some black on it along with her back.. is it normal for them to change this much? And, what is normal?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, totally normal. It's amazing how vibrant they get with each shed.

Pancake

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
And soft too!

Funny though.... My roomate is tentatively paranoid of her... she wants to like her, and will touch her, but is terrified of getting bit... she jumped off the couch and threw her cat across the room the first time she saw her... and the other night Pancake was roaming around on the floor and touched her leg while she was watching tv...you should have seen her scream and jump ! LOL!... I should have my video camera more often! LOL

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I could always use a good laugh. Tape away!

My brother was terrified of Bernie. One visit he claimed he would leave if we took him out of his viv. Come on, people! Geeze. The funny part is that he lives in Florida and is surrounded by lizards...

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have seen that same reaction!! Some people are just really THAT afraid!! I can never really understand it or what has happened to them as they were growing up to behave that way!!! Other people are just the great pretenders!!! I get impatient with that sort!!! I for one really dislike ants!!! If they dare come into the house I gleefully end their lives(my one girlfriend says to leave them alone....They're cleaning) She's not as careful about crumbs as I am LOL!!!

Whenever I have one of my guys out or if I have company over. I turn it into a learning time. And show them just how gentle and sweet they really are. I have a friend who is not an animal person at all but convinced her to hold Petrie who is my Gentle Giant and then posted her pic on my FB profile!! She broadened her horizons and was very proud of herself.

Pancake

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
she wants to... but just cant make herself lol...she actually visibly shakes. So, that just makes it hilarious when she isnt expecting Pancake.. lol.. When he was kneeling on the floor, pancake actually crawled up on her lap lol.. and went to sleep, she will pet her, and not move because she doesnt want to hurt her, but still nix'd on the picking her up lol

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well, that's a start anyhow!!! You watch and see she'll end up falling in love with her!!! ;)

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I may have posted this so please bear with me if I did. I have 4 sisters,2 of them have never seen any of my babies just pictures,one who is normally afraid of anything not dog or cat,just loves them,what's Dina's babies doing,she love to watch them and hold them.The other one,who lives in the next state came in for her granddaughters birthday and I took my female with me in her cage to let her enjy snshine. My sister told me in no uncertain terms to put "that thing" in its' cage and she would hug me other wise if I wouldn't do that just stay on my side of the picnic area. I went to hug her when she left I forgot to sit Alf down on the table in her carrier and she screeched at me and told to to give that thing to someone else until I hugged her. On the other hand my sisters grandmother in law wanted to pet her and learn all about her. This sweet lady can't walk on her own and had to be helped ot the table,but when i took Alf out for the kids to see she yelled at me to please bring that critter over here she looks awful pretty,I had to hold Alf and let her(Granny) pet her (Alf) and tell her everything about her,what she eats,does she bite,where does the baby sleep?How do you care for her...........It was comical,I had one wanting to know all she could and wanted to hold her but wasn't strong enough,so I held her and let Granny see her and here is my sister running the other way.LOLOLOL

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have the answer to that one.. Granny was in her... second Childhood !
Janie ;)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
late coming in on this one...Good to see I am not the only one!!! (that for you vesta :p)

I thought I was going crazy and was just wishing for the yellow/red tones in Slyder. With each shed his head is getting more yellow and his body is getting more red tones. I felt a little better when my husband said he was turning yellow and red but still thought I was just spending too much time with the lizard :)

Latest posts