• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon ate plastic confetti

kieranweller

Bearded Dragon Egg
We had a birthday a few days ago and had balloons filled with plastic confetti. For some reason by beardie thought it was a good idea to jump onto the balloon and pop it so she can get to the confetti inside. She managed to eat one piece of confetti before I took her away. Its a small piece about paper thin and about a centimeter long and wide. It's very thin plastic so it folds and bends extremely easy. This was Wednesday and since then she has been eating, behaving and pooping like normal but still no sign of the confetti. She's pooped about 3 times since then and her weight has remained the same. Should i be giving her any sort of laxative or am I ok to wait a little longer?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
We had a birthday a few days ago and had balloons filled with plastic confetti. For some reason by beardie thought it was a good idea to jump onto the balloon and pop it so she can get to the confetti inside. She managed to eat one piece of confetti before I took her away. Its a small piece about paper thin and about a centimeter long and wide. It's very thin plastic so it folds and bends extremely easy. This was Wednesday and since then she has been eating, behaving and pooping like normal but still no sign of the confetti. She's pooped about 3 times since then and her weight has remained the same. Should i be giving her any sort of laxative or am I ok to wait a little longer?
Most confetti disolves put some in water see if it disolves. we would need more information, if the confetti is smaller than the eraser of a pencil it should be okay, heres the part for concern if they don’t disolve and they are bigger than an erasers head , it may never come out it could stick to the side of his insides, offer iceberg lettuce (ice berg is only good for its water content it offers no nutrition) or water melon,....... u may never see that piece of confetti, but if it was very small I wouldn’t worry yourself

kieranweller

Bearded Dragon Egg
Most confetti disolves put some in water see if it disolves. we would need more information, if the confetti is smaller than the eraser of a pencil it should be okay, heres the part for concern if they don’t disolve and they are bigger than an erasers head , it may never come out it could stick to the side of his insides, offer iceberg lettuce (ice berg is only good for its water content it offers no nutrition) or water melon,....... u may never see that piece of confetti, but if it was very small I wouldn’t worry yourself
It's about 3mm wider than a pencil eraser but significantly thinner . It bends as easy if not easier than paper. Does that make it easier? Just checked and it also doesn't dissolve. What's the next move?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It's about 3mm wider than a pencil eraser but significantly thinner . It bends as easy if not easier than paper. Does that make it easier? Just checked and it also doesn't dissolve. What's the next move?
How large is your bearded dragon (tail tip to nose, is she a big girl?, its not the size of the confetti that Concerns me she can pass something that big, its the flatness that concerns me, personally id take her to the vet , I understand they are expensive, they are the ones with the x-ray though, have you looked through all her recent poos throughly(ik its not hard to find a reflective disc im just confirming) and she ate it Wednesday?

kieranweller

Bearded Dragon Egg
How large is your bearded dragon (tail tip to nose, is she a big girl?, its not the size of the confetti that Concerns me she can pass something that big, its the flatness that concerns me, personally id take her to the vet , I understand they are expensive, they are the ones with the x-ray though, have you looked through all her recent poos throughly(ik its not hard to find a reflective disc im just confirming) and she ate it Wednesday?
She’s about 19”. She’s a big girl. I’ve just found a piece of confetti a few inches from her poop. I’m not sure if she’s just passed this or if this has been an existing piece of confetti that I somehow missed. I’m thinking that the vets will probably be a bit adamant to check her out because we are in a lockdown. Do you think I should leave it unless she displays any odd behaviours or loses weight?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She’s about 19”. She’s a big girl. I’ve just found a piece of confetti a few inches from her poop. I’m not sure if she’s just passed this or if this has been an existing piece of confetti that I somehow missed. I’m thinking that the vets will probably be a bit adamant to check her out because we are in a lockdown. Do you think I should leave it unless she displays any odd behaviours or loses weight?
Her beard is gonna turn black if shes in distress --- I am thinking she will pass it most dragons usually do and have eaten a lot worse like swallowing money pennies example --- keep an eye on her poop watch her behavior -- she should be fine -- its good to have activated charcoal on hand for when they eat something poisonous like bugs or plants example

Latest posts