• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon ate a beech chip

Knight98

Juvenile Dragon
I think he ate a beech chip with a locust that he picked up, I tried to grab it but he fancied a nibble on my finger :) Anyone had a experience with this? I’ll attach a photo of the substrate

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
poor guy, nibbled ur finger Howd that feel? Im afraid to get bit by my beardy and i own a tokay gecko lol , how big is the chip compared to his head? I haven’t seen that substrate before, it looks like a softer wood compared to whatever tree “reptibark” is derived from , hopefully he just got a little extra fiber and will be okay. Let us know if anything happens

Kribensis28

Bearded Dragon Egg
poor guy, nibbled ur finger Howd that feel? Im afraid to get bit by my beardy and i own a tokay gecko lol , how big is the chip compared to his head? I haven’t seen that substrate before, it looks like a softer wood compared to whatever tree “reptibark” is derived from , hopefully he just got a little extra fiber and will be okay. Let us know if anything happens
Oh gosh, tokays (most of them) are nightmares!!! I've been bitten by a beardie a few times, it's not super fun. They've got teeth and strong jaws, and it definitely leaves a mark. Doesn't usually break the skin, but it's come close for me before.

I'd say to watch for signs of impaction and give him some frequent soaks if you spot any. Belly massages can also help, as mentioned above.

Latest posts