• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Draco just leaped out of his cage, I quickly pushed him back in...

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Draco just tried jumping out of his cage...well actually he did jump out, he was on the side. I shoved him back in and he landed on his floor looking very upset that he was defeated. My biggest fear is that he was fall on the floor! the cage is quite high off the ground on a stand, if he jumps and and falls I fear he will fall to his death eeek! How do I stop this new behavior?!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is why a secure screened top is needed, these guys are proficient jumpers & escape artists.

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey Germ, he has a screen top with lock, I went to open it to clean up the poop as always and he leaped from his log right to the side with a look of mission on his face...I was like hey! and knocked him back in...i have to admit im a bit nervous to reopen the tank lol

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
40 gallon...hes been hunting my fish right beside his tank...I think he was planning on a little goldfish snack! The fish are moving tomorrow lol. Im hoping he doesnt do it again! I dont mind taking him out, maybe this is his way of saying hes ready, but him jumping to his death isnt my idea of fun :eek:

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You could just put up a border and block the line of site to the fishies. That's what I had to do when I had Cleo and Castiel's enclosures right next to eachother.

Latest posts