• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DR. Femoral pore popper

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone i have a couple questions about a bearded dragons femoral pores and i was hoping to get some feedback from people who’ve actually either helped their dragon with their glands or seen it done by a vet or if u just have any advice, my bearded dragon is about a year and a couple months old ive only had her/him/it on a substrate for 3 months now and whenever she’d have her bath i make a point to scrub her back thighs with a soft toothbrush, her pores are not hard but they are large for a female(BD has never shown signs of being male but im still skeptical) , do you guys ever just squeeze them to see if something comes out? Is this okay to do ? If im giving baths once a week do i even need to be concerned about them? Ive included a pic any advice concern or comments you may have are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone i have a couple questions about a bearded dragons femoral pores and i was hoping to get some feedback from people who’ve actually either helped their dragon with their glands or seen it done by a vet or if u just have any advice, my bearded dragon is about a year and a couple months old ive only had her/him/it on a substrate for 3 months now and whenever she’d have her bath i make a point to scrub her back thighs with a soft toothbrush, her pores are not hard but they are large for a female(BD has never shown signs of being male but im still skeptical) , do you guys ever just squeeze them to see if something comes out? Is this okay to do ? If im giving baths once a week do i even need to be concerned about them? Ive included a pic any advice concern or comments you may have are greatly appreciated.
I was advised to use tweezers if they are protruding w/ the stuff - you can soak in some betadine solution make it look like weak tea for 10-15 minutes to soften them up --- his does not look bad at all -- if they have some rough texture decor in the tank that they can rub against that too will help keep them down along w/ tile substrate in the tank -- I would not squeeze but make sure if you ever use tweezers to make sure it is softened up --

Not_aphrodite

Bearded Dragon Egg
I watched a lot of videos about this on YouTube- there’s a lot of good info! If i understand it squeezing them can be very painful/uncomfortable and extraction should only be done by the pros :)

Latest posts