• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does this poop look healthy?

mayhmmaydn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Looks kinda mucusy to me. what have you been feeding it and what are your temps? Some foods change the consistency of the poop and temperatures change their ability to digest .

thatGuysCool

Hatchling Dragon
Food:
between 30 and 35 crix a day. (10-15 crix 3 times a day)
Switched from turnip greens to kale a few days ago.

Temps:
Basking area 100-110
basking area air 90-105
Cool side 80-85
night time temps 70-75

The only big change I can think of is that I put a dehumidifier in my room a few days ago because we have been getting a lot of rain and the night time humidity was spiking around 85%

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
I'm not too experienced at classifying poop, but I would stress not feeding kale as a staple, if that's your plan. Switch back to turnip greens or one of the other green items on the BD Nutrition guide, listed as a link in the diet forum. You also want humidity as close to 0% as possible.

Best of luck! :)

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, that poo looks good to me. Everything is giested, urate appears to be white, the mucous (the other part of the urate/urine and waste) is normal.

mayhmmaydn

Bearded Dragon Egg
from the info I have read. Humidity should be between 25-35%. that's still not a lot . Heat and furniture inside the tank can absorb the moisture or make it more moist. its a balancing act. Like in nature.. sometimes its more humid sometimes less.. just an overall aim is good.

thatGuysCool

Hatchling Dragon
Well when the heat lamp is on the humidity was at 40% it was only at night when the humidity would spike. its something about my apt though. Now the humidity maxes out around 50% at night and around 30% during the day. I also have about half a gallon of water in the bottom of my dehumidifier every other day :-/

Latest posts