• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

does this look normal (warning gross picture)

DragonLover1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi this is the poo Safira did this morning it didn't really smell just wandering if its normal. Also pictures of what Safira sometimes does when i aproach her enclosure,she trys to climb the fake picture background.
Poo
BILD0086.jpg

Safira
BILD0090.jpg

BILD0089.jpg

I hope all of this is just relocation stress,how long should i give Safira before thinking theres something wrong. Its been a week since her enclosure was moved and its the 4th day of the fake grss been in. I was thinking if Safira is no better in another week or 2 moving her enclosure back to where it was and see if that helps, It that doesn't help vet check even tho the vets here know nothing in reptiles. Where Safira is located is beside the bathroom door in my bedroom and the front door is directly infront of Safiras view. I hope that made sense so front door [-----bathroom door-----Safiras Enclosure. Could it be too that Safira wants a bigger enclosure and shes letting me know by her behaviour and low apitie.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I answered most of your questions in your other post under General Discussion.

As far as the poo, it is a bit runnier than a normal poop. Can't believe I just said that.

Anyway, it could be reloc stress or it could be parasites. Parasites tend to have really foul smelling poop. You could always get a fecal test performed w/o bringing her to the vet's office. It's relatively inexpensive.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah you can get a fecal ran for around 10-30 dollars depending on the vet. Has she had poop like this multiple times? if not i would give it a few days and see if her next poop is normal. Often the slightest change can cause odd feces. a few degrees different in temp or even a few extra minutes in the bath can do a lot to their poop.

DragonLover1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She didn't get a bath. todays poo was normal. Some days eg maybe once a week or more she will do a poo like that. But then poo goes back to normal. Today she has eaten 6 woodies took her a little while to relize food was there as she was too concerned about climbing the picture background.

Latest posts