• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does the hot spot have to be under UVB?

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
Hello there, I have a T5 HO 10.0 UVB strip bulb that sits on top of a wide mesh screen on my bearded dragons enclosure. His hot spot is his hammock that reaches around 110 (he is a baby) that is not right under the UVB, and he has additional basking spots under his UVB that reach about 90-95. Is it okay that the hottest spot isn't directly under the uvb?
20211206_105237.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello there, I have a T5 HO 10.0 UVB strip bulb that sits on top of a wide mesh screen on my bearded dragons enclosure. His hot spot is his hammock that reaches around 110 (he is a baby) that is not right under the UVB, and he has additional basking spots under his UVB that reach about 90-95. Is it okay that the hottest spot isn't directly under the uvb? View attachment 31020
yes he will go to the light he needs so if he basks under the UVB for awhile and then go to his basking when he needs to hes fine -- as long as he has options for both your good ---- it is optimal for the UVB and basking light be next to each other sometimes that is not possible -- so if he has the option for both he will be fine

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
yes he will go to the light he needs so if he basks under the UVB for awhile and then go to his basking when he needs to hes fine -- as long as he has options for both your good ---- it is optimal for the UVB and basking light be next to each other sometimes that is not possible -- so if he has the option for both he will be fine
Very helpful thank you!

Latest posts