• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do they grow back?

Fuzzchubb

Bearded Dragon Egg
OK... So he got a bit overly dominant with her in the end and she has the scars to show... Do the spikes off their heads grow back if lost? She happens to be shedding around the same area.
uploadfromtaptalk1424203997706.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh wow, he did get aggressive. I'm not sure if the scales grow back or not. Make sure to keep it clean so it doesn't get infected. I would put a drop of Betadine in enough water to make it look like a weak tea and use a q-tip to rub it on the wound. Make sure you don't get the solution in her eye. You might not notice any healing until she sheds the area a few times. When Dexter ripped her nail through her toe, a vet told me that it's going to look bad until it sheds a few times. It took about 6 months for the wound on the toe to go away....the nail never fell off and a year later you can still see that it was damaged.

I wonder if he just ripped the shed skin off the top of her head before it was ready to come off and maybe the scales underneath are going to be okay :confused:

Fuzzchubb

Bearded Dragon Egg
No she wasn't in shed (that I could see) I think he's been getting pretty frisky lately....

I should mention I rescued the pair who were being fed on dried worms and canned crickets along side their cucumber and lettuce. The owner told me they were fussy eaters and wanted to be hand fed all the time.... No wonder when your food isn't trying to escape!!!! I have just got a second viv so they've been separated now. I wasn't planning on breeding them, not him with her anyway as she is so small.

Badwolf

Bearded Dragon Egg
It will give her character! All my dragons are rescues and have their fair share of scars. When it heals you may get some yellowing that means it's healing.

You got a tough girl. Grrrrrrr

Cheers

Latest posts