• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do i have the proper setup for a 4x2x2?

CornBoy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! Just wanna make sure im doing as best as i can for my beardie, i made a 4x2x2 for him, hes a juvenile but the previous tank he was only in for a day and it was too small imo, needed more room for Kaiser!! i JUST bought a 100 watt intense to add to the other bulbs.

Exoterra lights 100 watt intense basking about 11 inches from the basking spot, far right of tank right above basking branch
i have a 75 watt intense basking running in the same dome as a 80 watt solar glow that does uvb, uva, visual light and heat, those a positioned in the middle top of the tank , with 2 25 watt filament bulbs right infront of the 100 watt basking.

i have 4 gauges, i have some shitty temp stickers closer to the top of his bask, and bottom, the top one doesnt read now its above 102f,
the one at the bottom doesnt show anymore and i believe probably over 96f, then a temp and humidity gauge at the other end , which i just installed with the new light, after a few minutes is reading 77f on the cooler end. humidity is sitting around 50% as of installling it

at night i run an infrared and it seems to average out around 86f at the bottom of the bask

is this suitable for him? is the bask going to be too hot now?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi! Just wanna make sure im doing as best as i can for my beardie, i made a 4x2x2 for him, hes a juvenile but the previous tank he was only in for a day and it was too small imo, needed more room for Kaiser!! i JUST bought a 100 watt intense to add to the other bulbs.

Exoterra lights 100 watt intense basking about 11 inches from the basking spot, far right of tank right above basking branch
i have a 75 watt intense basking running in the same dome as a 80 watt solar glow that does uvb, uva, visual light and heat, those a positioned in the middle top of the tank , with 2 25 watt filament bulbs right infront of the 100 watt basking.

i have 4 gauges, i have some shitty temp stickers closer to the top of his bask, and bottom, the top one doesnt read now its above 102f,
the one at the bottom doesnt show anymore and i believe probably over 96f, then a temp and humidity gauge at the other end , which i just installed with the new light, after a few minutes is reading 77f on the cooler end. humidity is sitting around 50% as of installling it

at night i run an infrared and it seems to average out around 86f at the bottom of the bask

is this suitable for him? is the bask going to be too hot now?
The solar glo is good for heat not so much uvb- you want a 24" zoo med fixture w/ a 22" reptisun T 5 bulb or a Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12% bulb 24 watt or a 2 ft / 24 " sunblaster nano tech w/ the reptisun 10.0 posted above- inside the tank approximately 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - 2 digital probe thermometers for accurate surface basking temps-- analogs are good for ambient temps - nothing over 75 at night - ambient during the day around his basking area 90's- 100 cool side 80ish- surface basking temps 95-100 -- No colored bulbs-

Latest posts