• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do beared dragons need night heat lamp?

Rperez

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have geckos as well and geckos need the night light do i need one for my bearded dragon?

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
No lights on while they are sleep, but if the temp drop below 65 you can get a Ceramic heat emitters (Che). It produces heat but no light throughout the night

Rperez

Bearded Dragon Egg
No lights on while they are sleep, but if the temp drop below 65 you can get a Ceramic heat emitters (Che). It produces heat but no light throughout the night
Cool thanks thought id have to get a moonlight like the geckos but the geckos are night reptiles im guessing

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
not recommended for beardies, and remember no color lights at all for bearded dragons it can damage their 3’rd eye. 12 hours on and 12 hours off for basking and UVB lights

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Night lights aren't even recommended for geckos or other nocturnal reptiles, especially not the bright LEDs. They're dangerous for all species, since all reptiles can sense light regardless of the color. Clear basking bulbs or heat projectors work just fine for most species that require heat from above.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Night lights aren't even recommended for geckos or other nocturnal reptiles, especially not the bright LEDs. They're dangerous for all species, since all reptiles can sense light regardless of the color. Clear basking bulbs or heat projectors work just fine for most species that require heat from above.
Forgot to mention that it's only the super bright, obnoxious LEDs and "infrared" bulbs that are confirmed dangerous for all geckos, using the very dark blue ones is iffy for some arboreal species. Some people report issues using them with arboreal geckos and some people say they're safe as long as they're very dim. Either way, the general consensus is that they shouldn't be on 24/7. A lot of geckos can see things on the red spectrum and the blue bulbs are usually too bright and disturb them. My personal preference is to create a completely natural day and night cycle and not use any colored bulbs.

Latest posts