• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do beardies need heat at night?

spacedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I was wondering if anyone turns their beardies heat lamp off while their sleeping? My house stays about 70 but I think that might be too cold for him considering he’s a baby. (Almost 3 months) I know the light can affect their sleep so I was thinking about buying a ceramic heat emitter bulb but I’m not sure if that’s neccesary. I tried turning off his heat lamp for a night and he just went to sleep curled up in a corner (he never does this) and he felt awful cold the next morning. If anyone could give me some advice that’d be great

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Yes to lights off at night. Most places I've looked say get a CHE if your house temps are below 65, but 70 does seem a little low for a baby. It may be worth getting a lower wattage CHE for nighttime (what wattage depends on the size of the enclosure).

Latest posts