• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Digital thermometer

homeschoolmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good morning. I ordered two of those thermometers. Would it still be good/necessary to have round digital thermometers on the sides for general temperature? If yes, two as well?

(We have the solid white basking bulbs from ZooMed and the Arcadia ProT5 12 %. No dragon yet and nothing setup but I know about the 12-15 inch distance)

IMG_2299.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good morning. I ordered two of those thermometers. Would it still be good/necessary to have round digital thermometers on the sides for general temperature? If yes, two as well?

(We have the solid white basking bulbs from ZooMed and the Arcadia ProT5 12 %. No dragon yet and nothing setup but I know about the 12-15 inch distance)

View attachment 35436
You only need one of the hygrometers placed on the back center wall of the tank --- optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 or over 70%-- you want two digital probe thermometers - one placed on the hot side of the tank w/ probe on the basking decor piece it doesnt need to stay there but you want a surface basking temp check it every couple of weeks - stick it to the side of the tank it will give you ambient temps - depending on the age of the dragon will determine your surface basking temps -

homeschoolmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
You only need one of the hygrometers placed on the back center wall of the tank --- optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 or over 70%-- you want two digital probe thermometers - one placed on the hot side of the tank w/ probe on the basking decor piece it doesnt need to stay there but you want a surface basking temp check it every couple of weeks - stick it to the side of the tank it will give you ambient temps - depending on the age of the dragon will determine your surface basking temps -

Okay so only one of those and then two of these. Correct?

IMG_2302.jpeg

Latest posts