• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Digging/substrate?

lonzo2020

Hatchling Dragon
Hi,

Our Taco is about 6 months old now and he’s starting to scratch on the carpet in his tank before going to sleep at night. Is there an acceptable substrate to put down for him in his sleeping area or something that he could use to burrow? I know there’s the Zoomed clay but I’m not ready to invest in that until he’s in his forever tank.
Thanks!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Scratching before bed is them just getting comfortable, put something soft in there and hell love it, you really dont want them sleeping on substrate, i have a thick bandanna and a wash cloth so my girl has a soft bed and doesn’t have to breath in substrate Particulates.

Attachments

• 62DA26F5-949E-4C28-B154-4A221277D663.jpeg
    62DA26F5-949E-4C28-B154-4A221277D663.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11

ReptileMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah my beardie did this more when he was younger but the best is a piece of cloth to sleep on and dig into in their hide - I used a bandana too. You don’t want any loose substrate for beardies - the trauma and cost of impaction will teach you that lesson.

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
Hi,

Our Taco is about 6 months old now and he’s starting to scratch on the carpet in his tank before going to sleep at night. Is there an acceptable substrate to put down for him in his sleeping area or something that he could use to burrow? I know there’s the Zoomed clay but I’m not ready to invest in that until he’s in his forever tank.
Thanks!
Hello Jesus.

I need help with my bearded dragon coming out of brumation

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is 9mo and it is summer June 1,2021
He should not be in brumation- what are you using for a UVB? Coil or tube? Basking temps? What are they and how are you taking them? No stick ons please they are inaccurate--

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Scratching before bed is them just getting comfortable, put something soft in there and hell love it, you really dont want them sleeping on substrate, i have a thick bandanna and a wash cloth so my girl has a soft bed and doesn’t have to breath in substrate Particulates.
I used the clay for Dexter ever since he was a teeny baby. He loved it and never had impaction issues. When he was younger I did add more water to keep the particles down, but once he got to be an adult I started mixing it according to receipe. One of his favorite past times was digging in it under his hammock or in his hide. lol

Latest posts