• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Differant Items

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
So we have talked about Cali Sand=NO GOOD. Play Sand=GOOD, and such. but looking through a PS site i have found so much more and i figured that it would be smart to start talking about these as well so people would know about them. So if anyone know if any of these would be good to use for the beardies chime in. The more info we have the better it is for all.

First we have

Repti Bark-
Coconut Bark- omg why gross?
Repti sand-
Eco Earth-
Vita Sand- This is Cali Sand just has Vitamins in it...That is all that is different....STAY AWAY
Clay burrowing substrate-

These are some of the ones i found. I am looking at play sand still. cheaper and looks like the same thing as repti sand.....

Pat B

Super Moderator
I think I would like to use sand. My beardie isn't big enough even the little booger is 7 months. To me....sand is a natural substrate, however, right now I have tile and do I just 'switch' to sand? As in take everything out of his tank, put the sand and other stuff back in and then put Spike back in? I wonder if he will know>??

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Repti-Sand is ground quartz, they say that it is not dyed but I am unsure how they achieve the different colors without. I would stay away form the colored stuff, but other than that, Repti-sand & Strained Children's Washed Play Sand are both basically nothing more than crushed or eroded rock. All the other ones on your list along with adding crushed Walnut shell to it, pose high impaction risks along with many other digestive issues.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Spazz is 7 1/2 inches from nose to tail tip
Really couldn't help but go take a measurement. These guys are unbelievable. Gonna pass Spazz in a week or 2 ;).

#1s length 25 days 004.JPG

Latest posts