• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diarrhea in a female dragon.

Cascadian Dragons

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, my name is Mason and I have a problem. I have a six month old female hypo get trans who has been diarrhea for around a month and a half. Her diet consists 10-20 Dubias 5-10 superworms a day along with greens available all day. The insects are dusted once a day with calcium and every other day the calcium is mixed with herptivite. She is hydrated and is not housed with any other dragons. She is in a 55 gallon long breeder and I plan on moving her to a 70 gallon tank soon. I treated her with anti-protozole (antibiotic/antiprotozoal) to try to get rid of any infection she might have or any parasites. I do know why she is still having diarrhea and am starting to become very worried. If anybody has any idea what it could be or what I should do, please let me know.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum.. what type of greens are you feeding?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What do you mean by diarrhea? Are her poops smooshie or are they formed but have a lot of water coming out with them?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would have it checked for parasites. You don't want to treat her for something without knowing exactly what it is. Different parasites call for different medicines.

Latest posts