• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diarrhea after changing diet

bobthebeardieboy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello fellow beardie lovers!
Had mine for a couple of years now and only recently found out you're meant to give them a mix of things in their diet (some things I've never even heard of before)
I know this sounds very stupid of me as before we just fed him kale and different bugs and worms for his diet, but this was what his previous owners fed their dragons and we just copied.

I got for his salads:
Butternut Squash
Red Chicory (apparently it's super similar to endive which we couldn't get so this was the next best)
Collard Greens

On his second day of having it now (not 100% finishing both meals) he's had diarrhea and I'm not sure which one of the items in the salad is causing this, or if it's just a big change for him.
IMG_20200713_151705.jpg
IMG_20200713_151951__01.jpg

I had him out of his vivarium (which is what he does most of the time, more space to roam) and then he... did a poop on it, I then lifted him up and put him back on his vivarium but then he seemed to have gotten angry / in discomfort as his beard went black very fast. pictures below.

p.s his beard has went back to normal now and seems okay, but I'm still worried

if you need any more information just ask :)
thank you!

Latest posts