• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dexter is going to the vet today!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I am very embarrassed to admit that she has never been to the vet :oops: Luckily with all my reading and help from people here, she hasn't had any real outward issues. Now that she's getting older though I thought it was time especially if she is at the age where she may go into brumation, I want to make sure she's in good shape. She's also fluctuating her weight, nothing horrible she's still over a pound, but it should be looked at.

So wish us luck! We have a bag of fresh poop in the fridge, hopefully it doesn't disinagrate too much before we get to the vet. They told me that it's okay if I got it from her bath, just as long as it's fresh.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
We just got here. She seems to know this isn't momma's work. I work for a dentist and sometimes bring her to visit.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She's perfectly fine! Little bit of raspy throat but lungs are clear. Waiting game on the fecal now.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Fecal came back negative! Guess it goes to show that a box store bearded dragon can thrive with proper husbandry.

Latest posts