• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dex enjoying sunshine

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
After 3 days of pouring rain the sun is out! I decided on our first outing of the morning to take Dexter over to Seymore's favorite sun spot. He was a little nervous and had a death grip on me until we settled on the window sill. Then he got quite curious. Lowered himself to my arm when a hummingbird came to the nearby feeder, though. Perked back up when it flew away. lol Seemed to enjoy himself for the 15 minutes we were there even though he didn't get down off my arm. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1019.JPG
    IMG_1019.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1020.JPG
    IMG_1020.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1022.JPG
    IMG_1022.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 14

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
After 3 days of pouring rain the sun is out! I decided on our first outing of the morning to take Dexter over to Seymore's favorite sun spot. He was a little nervous and had a death grip on me until we settled on the window sill. Then he got quite curious. Lowered himself to my arm when a hummingbird came to the nearby feeder, though. Perked back up when it flew away. lol Seemed to enjoy himself for the 15 minutes we were there even though he didn't get down off my arm. :)
That’s cute am I the only one who is scared to death about letting My baby beardie roam around on my bed or on the floor? He is so small and I’M scared to lose him

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That’s cute am I the only one who is scared to death about letting My baby beardie roam around on my bed or on the floor? He is so small and I’M scared to lose him
I'm the same right now. Dex is so tiny that I won't let him down unless it's a fairly small area and I can control his movements somewhat without scaring him. Seymore was big enough that he roamed around quite a bit. Dex is just too tiny and young at this moment. I let him sit with me in the chair and will slowly walk around with him cupped in my hand, but nope not ready for him to scamper around yet. Walking around with him safely in my hands I'm trying to show him that there's nothing to be afraid of so when he's ready to explore I'm hoping he won't be so afraid of his surroundings. Plus he's such a curious guy it fun to watch him tilting his head this way and that checking things out as we go. lol

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If I had a bearded dragon that small I would probably be scared of losing him too! I've always gotten bearded dragons that are older since they are less likely to die and are easier to care for. When they get about five months is when you can put a leash on them and then I just let mine roam around as they please because then I can't lose them with the leash.

Latest posts