• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dark Beardie

Pat B

Super Moderator
From this afternoon's feeding of greens, my juvenile beardie has gotten very dark. He has never done that before. I didn't feed him fresh greens....canned....could I have hurt him? I hope not!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Fresh Greens are much better, but I don't believe that you would have actually hurt him with canned. What did you feed him.

Where is he in the enclosure that he is so dark, is he where he would be cooler?

Pat B

Super Moderator
Fresh Greens are much better, but I don't believe that you would have actually hurt him with canned. What did you feed him.

Where is he in the enclosure that he is so dark, is he where he would be cooler?
I fed him 'nasty' turnips. He gobbled them right down. I will do fresh greens. He was on his house log. I checked him a few minutes ago and he was inside the house and his color was lighter....silly boy....he shouldn't make his 'mother' worry so much. Thanks Germ....appreciate the answer.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Turnip greens are good, raw turnips are considered an occasional food.

If the house log is on the cooler side, his color may have changed somewhat to absorb more heat. Similar to how on a hot day we would white/light clothing to be cooler & would be hot wearing black/dark clothing. :)

Your Welcome

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
My dragon changes colours quite a bit, when she's exposed to natural sun-light she tends to go really dark and coal coloured. When she's asleep she goes a beautiful light, creamy orange and her belly looks like a white egg shell :D happy dragon ;)

Latest posts