• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Daily Veggies

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok so, Charlie is getting a right porky piggy of a dragon. eating sooo many crickets per day he could solely wipe out the cricket population of the uk. lol but i'm still a little confused/concerned (not sure best description) of his veggie intake.
Atm he's 6months old growing and shedding at rapid but steady rate. He DOES eat veggies.. I'm just not 100% sure if I'm over giving certain vitamins etc.. I've seen the lists on the stickied links etc. but they confuse me more..Vet says he's growing and doin well..
So each day he gets fresh spring (collard)greens, salad cress.. then a rotational mix of carrot/green peas (do i take outta pod, i have been) ermm brocolli, corn and butternut squash.. He'll have a small amount of apple/strawberry or peeled and chopped grapes/pear..
He loves the squash/greens and cress most. but i'm not sure how often to give him other stuff or if anything else i've missed.. I live in UK so there may be some stuff we cant get..
Thanks for any advice from here

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yup, he's picky he refuses to eat crickets without the calcium or vit on.. lol i think he likes the powder hehe. vits -sun n wed.calci everyday other than those:)

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi there, personally l would remove brocolli and corn. I'd add things like endive, dandelion greens and flowers, celery leaves, carrot greens and turnip greens. Here is a like to a foodchart i use, it's colour coded and the easiest one l've found to read. I also top up with things like parsley, lavander, pansy leaves, rosemary, basil and nustertium flowers and leaves. Goodluck!!

http://carolinadesignerdragons.com/common/docs/food_list.pdf

Latest posts